Interoperability between libical and libical-glib

Corentin Noël tintou at noel.tf
Wed Jun 9 00:09:39 PDT 2021

Le mardi 08 juin 2021 à 18:23 -0400, Clifton Wood a écrit :
> Seeing as both libraries perform the same thing, I was wondering if
> the pointers from one library could be used with the other,
> particularly if I could go from an ICalComponent (libical-glib) to an
> icalcomponent (libical)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> - Clifton

libical-glib is basically a wrapper around libical to provide GObject
features. It is itself using libical methods and holds libical
structures.

In this case, ICalComponent is a ICalObject subclass.
You can get the icalcomponent with:

```
icomp = (icalcomponent *) i_cal_object_get_native (I_CAL_OBJECT
(component));
```

Regards,
Corentin