Parser strips trailing white-space on (TEXT) property value

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 21:05:42 BST 2021

	Hi,
while looking on an evolution-ews bug [1], which (from my point of
view) describes some bug in the other software, it also uncovers a bug
in the libical's parser, when reading a TEXT property value. The
libical parser strips trailing white-spaces.

The attached patch adds a regression test for this.

I do not feel knowledgeable enough to touch the parser code, thus only
a test case is provided.

The RFC 5545 [2] allows white-space in the TEXT value, including as a
trailing character, if I read it correctly.

	Bye,
	Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/-/issues/151
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.3.11