Missing counter-part functions for RRULE encoded values?

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 01:55:38 PDT 2018

	Hi,
while working on some recurrence code I noticed the icalrecur.h
contains:

   enum icalrecurrencetype_weekday
         icalrecurrencetype_day_day_of_week(short day);
   int   icalrecurrencetype_day_position(short day);

and

   int icalrecurrencetype_month_is_leap(short month);
   int icalrecurrencetype_month_month(short month);

but no counter-part functions, which would encode the weekday and
position into the 'short day' value and similarly for the month value,
to give it the is_leap flag and the month number and it would encode it
into the 'month' value.

Did I just miss them and they are provided in a different header or
they are missing? Would it make sense to provide them?

I know I can workaround the day value by using by_day[] and
by_set_pos[], but I do not see how to workaround the month value. Maybe
decode it from a string?

	Thanks and bye,
	Milan