Merge glib branch to master

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 01:55:02 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-29 at 17:11 -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> what tool is generating the warnings for C++, for example:
>
> Error: RW.NO_CONSTRUCTOR_FOR_CONVERSION: [#def22]
>
> is that cppcheck?  or something else?
> I'd like to be able to run the tool locally

	Hi,
I asked a co-worker and it comes from Coverity. I ran it with --all
argument, which means:

   Enables almost all checkers that are disabled by default (exceptions
   are noted below). Using this option is equivalent to using all of
   the following options:
       --concurrency
       --enable-parse-warnings
       --enable PARSE_ERROR
       --enable STACK_USE
       --preview
       --security

plus few other options.

The RW prefix is one of the parse warnings, from the documentation:

   4.119.1.2. Recovery warnings (RW.*)

   Recovery warnings have the prefix RW. The Coverity compiler can
   recover from some parse errors. If the parse error is unrecoverable,
   see PARSE_ERROR. The function that caused the parse error is not
   analyzed. When the compiler recovers, a recovery warning occurs on
   the line of the recovery. For the functions that are not available
   for analysis, the recovery warning RW.ROUTINE_NOT_EMITTED also
   occurs.

Hope it helps.
	Bye,
	Milan