Static code analyse of the libical library

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Jun 4 09:13:08 PDT 2016

On Friday, June 03, 2016 01:15:24 AM Milan Crha wrote:
> 	Hello,
> I'd like to ask, whether you'd be interested in a static code analyse
> of the libical library. I've an access to a Coverity Scan, clang, gcc
> and cppcheck static analyse and it seems to produce very interesting
> results. A little sample can be found at the end of this email.

absolutely, in fact read this => https://github.com/libical/libical/wiki/For-the-Developers:-Code-Quality

I already run Coverity sometimes see https://scan8.coverity.com/reports.htm#v16495/p10812
I can invite you there

Since this is C code I run splint and not cppcheck.  well there is a little C++ so feel free to run cppcheck if you want.

> If you are interested in it, which commit and branch you'd prefer to
> have this run on? The thing is that with the special memory management
> of the libical (or due to some other reasons) there can be many false
> positives. Thus better to focus on some fresh code. I didn't went
> through the log in detail, as it's long (the 'glib' branch for me).

Yes please. the glib branch is fine.