Libical: Help with next release

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 02:59:26 PST 2016

On Sat, 2016-12-17 at 10:03 -0500, Allen Winter wrote:
> Of course I'm even happier if you can help me resolve the issues :)

	Hi again,
(no github account here, neither like it (you may recall)), here's a
fix for issue 261:
https://github.com/libical/libical/issues/261

I do not know why I do not see that error/warning here, but whatever.
The xml/gtkdocentities.ent is created by gtk-doc.make on demand, but as
the libical doesn't use it, neither any of its variables [1], then it
can be safely dropped from the definition., as is done in the attached
patch.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-doc/tree/gtk-doc.make#n178

I'd fix also the issue 260, though it is harder. The thing is to write
a developer-documentation for each single value of the enums and then
write it during the source code generation. The enums are not
documented at all in the source code at the moment. I can prepare the
generators, but filling the api files (like the
src/libical-glib/api/i-cal-enums.xml ) is harder to me, due to a lack
of proper words. Generating a developer-documentation with a fallback
like:

/**
 * ICalComponentKind:
 * @ICAL_NO_COMPONENT: ICAL_NO_COMPONENT
 * @ICAL_ANY_COMPONENT: ICAL_ANY_COMPONENT
 * .....
 *
 * The component kind.
 **/

would look horrible and will only hide the warnings, without proper
fix, which is not what you want, I believe. Just tell me and I'll be
happy to help here.
	Bye,
	Milan