-fvisibility=hidden

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 00:28:39 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-22 at 11:04 -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2016 02:47:32 PM Milan Crha wrote:
> > a) using CMAKE_<LANG>_VISIBILITY_PRESET instead - looks like
> >    a cleaner way, but even better:
>
> You need LIBICAL_ICAL_EXPORT. remember this builds on all platforms,
> not just unixy ones with gcc
> We need a portable way to export only what we need to export.
> and I disliked the old way we did it with the separate file of
> exported symbols (the libfoo.def files)
> i like the way it is.

	Hi,
okay, no problem with it, I will reuse the file and the define in the
libical-glib. I think the cmake-provided variable (see a) above) would
then make things better cross-platform, rather than manually adding
respective arguments to various variables in the cmake files.

Up to you, I only noticed the variable, thus suggested its usage.
	Bye,
	Milan