[Freeassociation-devel] VTIMEZONE parsing API - Please help

Antony Bowesman adb at thorntothehorn.org
Mon Dec 19 22:14:05 PST 2011

I cannot find any public API method to parse this VTIMEZONE object and expand
the dates.  I have a VEVENT that refers to the TZID.  There is a function which
appears to do what's needed, icaltimezone_expand_vtimezone(), but it's static.

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:FLE Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16011028T040000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZOFFSETFROM:+0300
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010325T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0300
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE

The VEVENT contains

DTEND;TZID="FLE Standard Time":20111004T163000
DTSTART;TZID="FLE Standard Time":20111004T160000

and I need to be able to convert those times to different time zones, but in
order to do that I need to make a zone out of the VTIMEZONE object...

Cheers
Antony