[Freeassociation-devel] Does Libical support inline Attachment ?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue May 4 08:59:33 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 11:46:32 am Patrick ABIVEN wrote:
> Hello
> As Libical is used by Lightning, I would like to know if Libical supports inline attachments  (and not only attachments by url), because at the moment Lightning didn't.
> In the source code icalattach.c, the function 'icalattach_new_from_data' seems to provide this feature. Can you confirm this point ? And do you know others products that already used this feature ?
> Regards
> Patrick

Yep.
KOrganizer uses inline attachments.

Note that the API for this function has changed in trunk.
i.e. in released libical versions, we have:
  icalattach_new_from_data (  unsigned char *,...)
but in trunk we have:
  icalattach_new_from_data ( const char *,...)

something to be ready for with the next libical release.