[Freeassociation-devel] SVN fails regression tests?

Arnout Engelen libical at bzzt.net
Mon Mar 29 13:45:46 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 07:42:16AM -0400, IGnatius T Foobar wrote:
>  >Anyone noticed that the regression tests fail in SVN?  I think we
>  >should have a policy that all code commits cause no tests to fail
>  >(after we get the tests to a point where they are passing).  Anyone
>  >else have opinions on this?  Is there any reason not to fix the
>  >regression tests?
>
>  They were broken when we (the current maintainers) originally inherited the
> code.  While I agree that it needs to be fixed, I'm not quite sure where to
> begin.

As a start, I'd say it would be a good idea to seperate the tests that are
known to succeed from those that are known to fail. That way it is clear
failures in the first set are regressions, while the second set contains
of things that still need looking at.

I started looking at the first failure once, too, which indeed was a timezone
issue:

 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1259701956.20184.450.camel%40pohly-mobl1.ikn.intel.com&forum_name=freeassociation-devel

I sort of gave up because it's not quite clear how this should be tackled - I
didn't consider myself familiar enough with the code to make a meaningful
proposal (beyond 'have icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone return a timezone with
full historic data, and provide a helper function to allow clients to simplify
it if they prefer').

Regards,

Arnout