[Freeassociation-devel] SVN fails regression tests?

IGnatius T Foobar room_freeassociation-devel at uncensored.citadel.org
Sun Mar 28 04:42:16 PDT 2010

 >Anyone noticed that the regression tests fail in SVN?  I think we
 >should have a policy that all code commits cause no tests to fail
 >(after we get the tests to a point where they are passing).  Anyone
 >else have opinions on this?  Is there any reason not to fix the
 >regression tests?

 They were broken when we (the current maintainers) originally inherited the
code.  While I agree that it needs to be fixed, I'm not quite sure where to
begin.

 I suppose the first step is to determine whether it's the code or the tests
that are broken.

 It's also possible that the tests are built to determine standards compliance,
and they've just always been that way because there are things we just don't
do according to the standards.  If that's the case then they'll always fail
because we prioritize interoperability with other software that's actually
out there in the real world.

 Dunno.  Suggestions are welcome.  Code contributions are even more welcome.
  :)

   -- Art