[Freeassociation-devel] Default value for ical_errors_are_fatal

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Fri Jul 17 05:24:27 PDT 2009

Hello!

We've discussed than on IRC. Here's the summary.

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 14:01 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Chenthill, what is the status of ical_errors_are_fatal in libecal and
> Evolution general? Are errors supposed to be fatal?

No. Most distros compile libical so that errors are not fatal (Ubuntu
Jaunty, Fedora). In upstream, first the configure.in and later
CMakeLists.txt were changed so that non-fatal is the default.

The exception from that is Debian testing. It used the default
CMakeLists.txt in 0.43, which still makes errors fatal. I've filed a
bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=537346

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de