[Freeassociation-devel] Default value for ical_errors_are_fatal

Suman Manjunath manjunath.suman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:21:46 PST 2009

Ping.. do we have a conclusion yet?

To summarise the discussion so far:
+ KDE code works well anyway, the patch does not change anything
+ Evolution code (and e-d-s, evolution-exchange, evolution-mapi) have
problems with the current code - and we __will__ make changes to our
code at runtime to keep it from crashing.

I want to know if there are any objections to the patch in question
itself. It does not do anything other than add an extra option for
configuration.

> Changing the configure behaviour might be one way to do it, but then you might suddenly get > all different reports depending how packagers build libical.

IIUC, this problem better be left for the distros to decide. IMO, this
is probably not the right forum to make a decision for all
distributions unless it has a direct impact on libical's functioning
and functionality itself.

If we really want to keep the dependent applications error-free, then
I feel applications should _not_ be allowed to run at all unless they
are completely bug-free libical-wise. Allowing them to do stuff at
runtime seems like a measure to keep everyone happy. This patch I
propose is nothing but a cleaner way to achieve the same goal.

I have no further comments on this discussion. Please approve/reject
the patch and let me know about it.

Thank you.

-Suman