[Freeassociation-devel] libical tolerating bad input

IGnatius T Foobar room_freeassociation-devel at uncensored.citadel.org
Fri Dec 5 08:22:57 PST 2008

 >So before I write a patch to libical to make it tolerant of this junk,
does
 >fault-tolerance fit the project's goals?  Does the libical design
support
 >failing gracefully in the face of bad input?

 Absolutely, it makes sense to return either an error code or empty values
to the application if bad input is presented to the library.  Cleaning it
up would be even better, but at the very least, let's not crash the
application.  libical is now used in a lot of important applications and
we don't want to be the cause of them crashing.

  -- Art