libertas error message

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 10:22:14 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 23:44 +0000, McPherson, Charles A wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am running a Texas Instruments OMAP3530 applications processor with
> the Marvell 88W8686.  The system is an Overo Fire from Gumstix, in
> case you've heard of it.  We are running it with the Angstrom
> distribution.  Basically, we have a system that is designed to gather
> data, and then transmit it over a wireless network to a host computer.
> The problem is that after a while, I get this series of messages over
> and over again from libertas.
>
> libertas: re questing command 0x0000 due to timeout (#1)
> libertas: Received CMD_RESP with invalid sequence 1212 (expected 0)
> libertas: command 0x0000 timed out
> libertas: re questing command 0x0000 due to timeout (#2)
> libertas: Received CMD_RESP with invalid sequence 1212 (expected 0)
> libertas: command 0x0000 timed out
> libertas: re questing command 0x0000 due to timeout (#3)
> libertas: Received CMD_RESP with invalid sequence 1212 (expected 0)
> libertas: command 0x0000 timed out
> libertas: Excessive timeouts submitting command 0x0000
> libertas: Received CMD_RESP with invalid sequence 1212 (expected 0)
> libertas: command 0x0000 timed out
>
> Have any of you seen this kind of thing before, or do you have any
> ideas what could be causing it?  Any suggestions could prove to be
> helpful.

What firmware version?  And do you have any logs from before this that
show what command was sent right before the timeout?  Command 0x0000
isn't a valid command, so that probably means a driver bug in the
command resubmission handling, but it would be nice to know what command
is causing the hang.

Dan