poor performance with W2CBW003 (Marvell 8686)

hong zhang henryzhang62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 10:56:46 EDT 2012

To measure throughput, should not check iwconfig that is not accurate.

1. use wpa_supplicant to associate with AP
2. use iperf to measure throughput using UDP for Rx and Tx.

for SDIO host, command 52 doing register configuration. For rate, command 53 handles data rate. as sdio spec says clock rate is 0 to 100kHz means low speed mode. clock 0 to 25MHz means high speed mode.

Max throughput = clock-rate*num-of-data-line
for 4-bit, high clock,
max-throughput=25M*4=100Mbits/sec.
for 1-bit,low rate
max-throughput=100K*1=100Kbits/sec.