[RFC 0/2] libertas_spi: Add Deep Sleep Support

Thomas Pedersen thomas at cozybit.com
Wed Jul 6 22:29:09 EDT 2011

Hello,

These patches are ported from an effort to add deep sleep support to a custom
8686 SPORT interface driver. Given the SPORT driver also uses the SPI firmware
and chip, these changes should apply to the SPI driver as well.  Unfortunately,
we do not currently have the hardware resources needed for testing. We would
appreciate it if someone with access to this chip could test and provide
feedback.

The ugly workaround in "libertas_spi: Deep sleep wakeup workaround" is
unfortunate, and might be better accomplished by implementing
priv->reset_card() as in "libertas: add sd8686 reset_card support", or crafting
and sending a command packet directly from if_spi_reset_deep_sleep_wakeup().
Ultimately, this workaround is best avoided, and might not be needed at all for
a pure SPI driver.

Thomas Pedersen (2):
  libertas_spi: Implement deep sleep for SPI interface
  libertas_spi: Deep sleep wakeup workaround

 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_spi.c |   75 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--

1.7.6