Wep problem

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Fri Aug 5 06:02:00 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I use a marvell 8385 based CF card on a blackfin processor board
(bf537), and I found a strange problem. For now I am not able to
determine if the problem comes from libertas driver or not.
I fact, when the wifi is configured without WEP encryption, everything
works very well, the transfer rate is very good, more than 1200KB/s. But
when the wifi is configured with a WEP encryption key, the transfer rate
fall decrease completely when 2 processes use the network.
But when there is only one process which use the network the transfer
rate is normal !!

For example :

curl -O http://192.168.1.100/file.bin  --> transfer rate more than
1200KB/s on the complete 10MB file size.

And if there is at least another process using network, transfer rate
fall completely :

curl -O http://192.168.1.100/file.bin & ping 192.168.1.100  --> transfer
rate fall to <10Ko/s, and ping delay increase up to 1700ms !!!!!!!

It's really an annoying problem, and for now I just want to determine if
the problem comes from the libertas driver or if the problem is
elsewhere. Is someone knows where the WEP encryption is done ? In the
libertas driver or in the kernel ?

Regards,
Cyril HAENEL

--