Marvell 88W8688 AP-mode userspace utility

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Wed Sep 8 17:41:27 EDT 2010

On 9/8/10 8:06 PM, Dan Williams wrote:

> Interesting, I hadn't seen that.  Uses different firmware (uap_fw.h) and
> is not a small patch, but it's a good indication of what we'd need to do
> in the libertas driver to get it working.  The ideal situation is:

It uses a different firmware which does *not* work in client mode. And
many users reported they could not switch back to client mode once AP
mode was set without rebooting the device.

> 1) we integrate the support with the upstream libertas driver so that
> you can just change the  mode instead of having to load a whole new
> driver
>
> 2) we use nl80211/cfg80211 so it works great with hostap and
> wpa_supplicant's "light" AP mode
>
> That's a pretty big task though.  We'll have to look at the interfaces
> between the driver and the uap userspace daemon, but in all likelihood
> it's just doing what hostapd or wpa_supplicant already does.

I don't know what's the best solution, but since it seems that patch was
unknown, uaputl sources are unknown as well :-/

I'll let you know if I have any success in my quest for uaputl sources.

Thank you!

--
Alan Franzoni
contact me at public@[mysurname].eu