Marvell 88W8688 AP-mode userspace utility

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Mon Sep 6 12:39:53 EDT 2010

Hello,

I hope I'm asking the right place.

As many other Guruplug Server users, I've got an issue with the access
point mode for Marvell 88W8688 chipset. While there's a contributed
patch from Marvell, enabling such support in the Linux kernel:

http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/2.6.35.4/source/0002-Driver-for-Marvell-Libertas-8688-SDIO-micro-AP-suppo-2.6.35.patch

The small utility called 'uaputl' which was distributed by Marvell or
Globalscale along its Debian flavour which comes preinstalled with the
plug has no available source code - and I suppose this is one of the
reasons because the driver hasn't made into the official kernel yet -
it's virtually unusable so far.

It's used to set the ap mode and configuration for the wireless adapter.

Direct contact to Globalscale or Marvell has failed so far, but I
thought somebody in this list may be able to help me and all the other
Guruplug owners who got suddenly stuck.

Any idea if there's another way to setup the ap mode - without such
utility and without crawling through the kernel code to find out all the
ioctls - or whether there's any chance to get in contact with someone
that can release the code itself?

Thank you.

--
Alan Franzoni