libertas sd8688 causes crashes/panics all the time

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Nov 20 13:19:28 EST 2010

Hi,

   > Why do I think libertas is the problem?  The crashes only happen
   > in wifi client mode and when there's wifi traffic.

I don't have any real input on the problem, but of course you've only
identified a correlation here -- do the crashes happen *because* of
something libertas does, or because (for example) the Guruplug gets
too hot when the wifi radio is in use, eventually crashing the 8686?

The "problem fetching packet from firmware" is not normal, and
suggests there's a communication problem with the 8686 happening.
I haven't seen it before on any other devices with the 8686.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>