libertas 8388 firmware

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Nov 4 17:20:13 EDT 2010

On 2 November 2010 02:35, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> I chose *not* to include OLPC mesh-enabled firmware in the
> linux-firmware repo because at least historically the firmware was
> frequently updated, and I'm no longer plugged in enough with the OLPC
> wifi firmware process to push updates to linux-firmware.  However, if
> somebody from OLPC wanted to do that, I doubt there would be a problem.
>
> All you need to do is clone linux-firmware, make your changes, and send
> a pull request to Woodhouse.

OK. Thanks for the explanation.
Fortunately the cozybit firmware is not being updated often now. I'll
take on the submission task. Do you think usb8388_olpc.bin would be an
appropriate name?

And after that, how should we handle it?
We could put a machine_is_olpc() check in if_usb.c which makes it look
for the usb8388_olpc.bin file over all the others?

Thanks,
Daniel