memory leak somewhere in the driver ?

chaenel at free.fr chaenel at free.fr
Tue Jul 27 11:11:16 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I use a custom board based on a BF537 processor, and a CF wifi module based on
the marvell 8385.
I use the uClinux distribution version 2009R1.1-RC4, but I have replaced the
libertas driver of this distribution with the last libertas driver I have found,
from kernel source 2.6.34.1.

In my board, when the wifi is not used, I "software" disconnect the wifi card to
enter it in low consumption mode.
To do that, I just eject the card :

    echo 1 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/card_eject

When I do this, the libertas driver is unloaded and the wifi card enter low
consumption

When I want to use wifi, I reinsert the card :

    echo 1 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/card_insert

The libertas driver is loaded and wifi works well.

The only problem I have is when I do a lot of software load/unload of the wifi
card, the memory free decrease, and after 1 or 2 day, there is no memory left
and the board is out !!
I think there is a memory leak somewhere in the libertas driver, but it's a big
job for me to find it. Thus before to do that, can you tell me where I can find
the very last version of the driver to test it and look if it works for my usage
or not ?

On the git repository on http://git.infradead.org, I can see that the last
commit is 2 year old ! I think the last version of the driver is not here !!??

Regards,
Cyril HAENEL