Marvell W8686 chipset Blackfin problem

Jonathan dumaresq jdumaresq at cimeq.qc.ca
Fri Jul 16 11:35:55 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have something semi-working. I have change the SPI_MODE3 to SPI_MOD0 and
now I get the module connect to the libertas_spi.

Now I have some problem loading firmware.

I have done some operation on the linux kernel and busybox.

On the kernel config

Device Drivers  --->
  Generic Driver Options  --->
    <*> Userspace firmware loading support

Busybox config

BusyBox  --->
  Linux System Utilities  --->
    [*] mdev
    [*]   Support loading of firmwares

When I attemp th eload the module, I got this output:

root:/> modprobe libertas_spi
libertas_spi: Libertas SPI driver
libertas_spi spi0.18: firmware: requesting libertas/gspi8686_hlp.bin
libertas_spi spi0.18: firmware: requesting libertas/gspi8686.bin
libertas: spu_wait_for_u16: timeout with val=00, target_mask=00, target=00
libertas: if_spi_prog_main_firmware: timed out waiting for initial scratch
reg = 0
libertas: failed to load firmware (err=-110)
libertas_spi: probe of spi0.18 failed with error -110

I have no idea why the helper get loaded but not the firmware. Do I have to
do something particular to have the firmware loaded ?

Jonathan