IEEE power saving mode

Rick Rogers Richard.Rogers at jhuapl.edu
Wed Jan 6 08:54:38 EST 2010

Saravanan,

The main purpose for power save mode is reducing battery usage.  Since
ad-hoc nodes cannot asynchronously receive in deepsleep,
IEEE power save mode is desired.  The power save mode commands succeed
in ad-hoc mode, but there is no difference in
power consumption.  Is there anything else that is necessary besides
'iwconfig wlan0 power on'?

Thanks,
Rick