No ethernet interface found after suspend-resume

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Apr 30 12:29:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > Do all - have to bring the interface backup after
   > suspend-resume. Is this taken care by the user-space. But how
   > does the user space know that the interface is back up and query
   > for an IP everytime the device comes back from suspend and
   > associate with an AP.
   >
   > Is this normal behaviour elsewhere?

It's normal behavior if you're using something like NetworkManager,
which monitors interfaces coming up/going down and performs actions
(like reassociating and getting a new DHCP lease) in response.

My intuition is that moving to MMC_PM_KEEP_POWER is probably overkill
for you, and instead you'll just want to reset the card across suspend
and tell userspace to reconnect to the previous AP after it comes back
up.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>