No ethernet interface found after suspend-resume

Sriram V vshrirama at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:56:14 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   > In 2.6.29 - The sdio drivers assumes a card to be removed
>   > virtually during suspend and is re-inserted/re-probed during
>   > resume. All this happens transperently.
>   >
>   > On printing the command logs - I notice that the command 8
>   > onwards the libertas does not respond and i get a command timeout
>   > and as a result - the card never gets detected again during
>   > happens as is expected.
>
> I think I've seen this too.  With your kernel version, you can't keep
> an SD device powered across suspend/resume -- the kernel is going to
> assume it needs reinit, and then send it commands (e.g. CMD8) that
> aren't valid for the part of the SD state machine that the 8686 thinks
> it's in.
>
> So, I think your options are to either:
>
>   * allow the MMC layer to turn off the card at suspend (it tries to
>     turn off the card power itself) or just reset it during resume,
>     as your later mail describes

How can i reset the card? I use a gpio - If i do a reset - The firmware
again gets downloaded. I need to again configure my ethernet interface
and get an IP address. which i dont think is the right way to do.

The app/dhcpc does not know anything about the interface.

>   * upgrade to 2.6.33, and move to using the preserved-power MMC
>     resume code that starts with upstream commit da68c4eb258..

Can you elaborate on this? I cant upgrade to .33. I would like to
back port to .29.

Let me check.

Thank you very much.

Regards,