Information about the 8686 marvell chipset

Alagu Sankar alagusankar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:57:02 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Jonathan dumaresq <jdumaresq at cimeq.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> libertas-dev-bounces at lists.infradead.org wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Jonathan dumaresq
>> <jdumaresq at cimeq.qc.ca> wrote:
>>> I'm new here. I would like to know if this maillist is the good one
>>> for asking question about GSPI interface of Marvell 8686 ?
>>
>> Yes, this is the right mailing list.
> Thanx for your answer.
>
> Does anyone here that have use the XG182 from zcomax ?
>
> I try to get this one working with the libertas_spi driver but the module
> doesn't seem to work with this modules.
>
> The module always return 0xFFFF when the driver try to put the module in
> 16bit modes.
>
> Jonathan
>>
>>   -Andrey

Typically, the module vendors have two module versions, one for SDIO
and the other configured for GSPI. They may still be using the same
model number (like XG182).  Before meddling with the software, make
sure that you have the correct GSPI module from zcomax.  From outside,
both the GSPI and SDIO modules look exactly the same.  Probably there
is a small pull-up/down done inside to differentiate it from SDIO to
GSPI.

- Alagu Sankar