[RFC] libertas: first stab at cfg80211 support

Holger Schurig h.schurig at mn-solutions.de
Mon Sep 28 11:07:59 EDT 2009

> It might make sense to support adding interfaces with nl80211,
> since apparently it has mesh and monitor interfaces.

Yes, this will eventually be added.

In the end I'd like to have all WEXT code in it's own file or
#ifdef'd and I'd like to have a working libertas_cs and
libertas_usb that don't need WEXT at all. But that will take
considerable time :-)   One step towards this goal will be
monitor mode via NL80211.

Mesh-support via NL80211 must be done by someone else, I don't
have neither the knowledge, mesh nodes nor a mesh-capable
firmware. And I don't really care about mesh. So if no one else
does it, the CFG80211-only libertas-driver won't have mesh at
all.

--
M&N Solutions GmbH          Ein Unternehmen der Datagroup AG
Holger Schurig

Handelsregister Friedberg, HRB 5903
Geschäftsführer: P.Schrittenlocher