RE: GSPI and SDIO performance for 8686

claud_yu claud_yu at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Jul 30 18:44:16 EDT 2009

hi Harvey,

The iMX31 and OMAP3530 MMC host driver don't claim the host or driver  have capacity to handle SDIO irq. And SDIO stack use polling mechanism to deal with sdio irq. And pool performance (~1Mb/s) is reasonable. The Ricon (sdhci) or PXA mmc driver have the SDIO_IRQ capacity , and the performance will be up to ~20Mb.

I evaluate GSPI mode the iMX31 SPI interface , and get reasonable performance to me (9~10Mb) at 15Mhz SPI clock.

Claud Yu

--- 09/7/30 (四),Tim Harvey <tharvey at irobot.com> 寫道: