GSPI and SDIO performance for 8686

Tim Harvey tharvey at irobot.com
Wed Jul 29 12:59:51 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I've seen a lot of activity lately and development of the GSPI interface
for libertas.  What max throughput have people been able to get with an
8686 talking over GSPI?

My previous evaluation with an 8686 talking over SDIO (both to an i.MX31
SDHC on a patched 2.6.22 and to an OMAP3x SDHC on 2.6.28 beagleboard)
showed a horribly slow max throughput of about 1.4mbps.  Has anyone seen
better performance in recent libertas/kernel with the OMAP3x SDHC (ie
talking to the 8686 on an Overo Fire/Air)?

Thanks,

Tim