Firmware support for background scanning

Jonathan Cameron jic23 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 13:19:22 EDT 2009

Dear All,

Before taking the suck it and see approach I was wondering
if anyone knows if the background scanning facilities
mentioned in the 5.1 firmware specification are implemented
in the current 8686 sdio firmware?

I don't think the driver currently has support for this option.

My intention is to use this functionality if present to
allow a card to notify userspace of when a network comes
into range (the card itself is moving fairly quickly).

This corresponds to the option described in the firmware
as 'Not connected and Deep sleep'.

If the firmware does support it has anyone any experience
of utilizing it?

Thanks,

---
Jonathan Cameron