SDIO Marvel 8686 card

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:44:54 EST 2009

I was googling a couple days ago to see whether there is any
open-source SDIO wifi card.  I found this:

http://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2007/05/found-cheap-sdio-80211b-card.html

and some other clue somewhere that there might be an open-source
driver; and then found some on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370146807227

so I ordered a couple.  Now I'm trying to find the firmware,
sd8385_helper.bin and sd8385.bin.

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/libertas

says it can be gotten from the Marvell site somewhere.  Any ideas more
specifically?  Lemme guess... it's not redistributable?

This page

http://wiki.openezx.org/WLAN

says it "comes with the 2.4 code"... hmm would that be the GPL release
from Motorola, happened to include the firmware?

Hmm looks like the Blackfin Linux project is using that chip too:

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=328&tracker_item_id=4214