SDIO Performance once again

Dominik S. Herwald lists at dsh-elektronik.de
Sat Feb 21 11:47:06 EST 2009

Dan Williams schrieb:
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 14:43 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
>

> As a follow-up, the patch I posted (slightly modified for flushing the
> workqueue before destroying it) appears to send packets with no latency;
> ie I print jiffies right before queuing the packet worker, and the
> packet worker is executed immediately.
>
> I'll post the patch to linux-wireless for 2.6.30, though it would be
> good to get some more feedback on it.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

first thanks for your patch.
I tried it on my BF548 board today.  Well, it basically did not change
the general behaviour.
Kernel Timer Tick set to 1000Hz - works at 11MBit/s.
But set to the default 250Hz (default for Blackfin)  performance goes
down to 3MBit/s again.

Maybe there is an issue in the Blackfin SDIO Driver and not in
libertas?  Not sure...

Regards,
Dominik