power management on the 8686 chipset

Dongas dongas86 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:19:11 EDT 2009

Hi Bin,

2009/8/27, Bing Zhao <bzhao at marvell.com>:
> Hi Dan,

I have watched the Marvell official driver that it just wakes up the
chip from deep sleep mode by setting the 'Host Power Up' bit in
Configuration register(offset 0x3).
Then the DEEP SLEEP AWAKE event will be generated by firmware
according to the awake follow.
But in this event handler, Marvell driver clears CONFIGURATION
register again by reset it to 0.
All of this are odd and are not described in the firmware spec for
such a special purpose.

Would you help clarify a bit more if you know?

Thanks

Regards
Dongas