Reg: Access point association gets down with in 5min for MARVELL_SDIO_8688_WLAN_CARD

Dongas dongas86 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 03:17:27 EDT 2009

2009/8/6, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I got some improvements in my issue.
>>
>> The random bitrate while scanning using iwlist command is due to the
>> application error. Once I used wirelesstools-version29 this error get
>> solved.
>> Now while scanning I am getting correct bitrates.
>>

>> Now the issue is the association get lost within 5 or 10 min and it is not
>>
>> automatically re-associate with the access point. I got automatic
>> re-association patch from this list in the below link.
>>
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/libertas-dev/2007-October/000682.html
>>
>> I applied this patch to kernel linux-2.6.25. Actually some structure are
>> changed in 2.6.25 kernel. Manually I applied the patch according to 2.6.25
>>
>> kernel.
>>
>> Now if I lost the association with access point it get automatically
>> re-associated.
>>
>> while testing the board, with in 15hours the association get lost and
>> re-associated for more than 130 times. From the debug message the
>> EVENT: deauthenticated makes the association to loss.
>>
>> Is I am missing something, so that the association get lost for such much
>> time?
>>
>> Please update why the association get lost frequently?
>
> What do your AP logs say?  If the firmware thinks it got
> deauthenticated, then probably the AP kicked it off for some reason.
> Seeing what the debug logs on your access point say would be a good
> place to start.

I met the same problem as Praveen that the firmware got disassociated
automatically after tens of minutes when it received a 802.11
disassociate frame from the AP.

I tried to trace the log of AP to see why the AP kicked it off,
however, the log of AP is much too simple and there's nothing when
disassociation happened .

Below is the log of Dlink DIR-605 from the association to disassociation.
Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 00:1a:6b:a0:c7:58.
Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:1a:6b:a0:c7:58.
Jan 1 01:43:51  Log message was cleared.

Much poor for debug.

Any ideas to trace this issue?

Regards
Dongas