GSPI Support

Angel Roman angel.roman at mdesystems.com
Mon Oct 13 17:41:24 EDT 2008

Dan,

I've back ported 2.6.27-rc8 libertas as you suggested. This corrects the
"DATA_RATE command not supported" issue with the GSPI firmwares.

The shift to the latest libertas driver (using 2.6.24.4) allowed me to
continue trouble-shooting my GSPI implementation and I have made some
good progress.

The status of the GSPI Driver is as follows:
- ability to read write to all registers in the GSPI module
- ability to send and receive data
- ability to send commands and receive command responses.
- ability to scan for local access points and associate with them (only
tested wide-open networks).
- ability to ping,  ssh.  and transfer files.

Since I am using a custom board interface which include SPI and the GSPI
Interrupt, I plan to separate the custom board stuff as much as possible
to make it into a clean GSPI implementation with hooks for other custom
board implementations.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Angel Roman