Support for HostAP?
hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed May 28 11:38:49 EDT 2008
I saw a firmware for the CF 8385 card that has support for
Access-Point mode. For more info, look at my libertas-fwcutter
program at http://git.infradead.org/users/schurig/libertas-tools.git?a=tree;f=fwcutter.
It contains this comment:
* This is a Windows XP driver. Use "p7 x" and "unshield data1.hdr"
* to finally extract AMWL54G.sys
* Using binutils-multiarch, you'll find inside this file a .data
* starting at file offset 0000b800. There, at 0000b8a0, you'll see
* the helper image. It's a different one to the cf8385.o above.
* Later in the file (at an unknown offset so far) you find an
* image for the real image. Search for the text MRVL-STA, that
* string is probably near the end of the image (file offset 0x01998)
* However, you'll also find the string MRVL-AP (file offset 0x01940).
* That indicates that the windows driver can be both station and
* access point and probably renders this image unusable for use.
Unfortunately, there is no documentation about this available,
e.g. how to set the card/firmware into AP mode. A s long as
Marvell stays secretive about those things and don't allow people
to this info (I tried now twice to register for their intranet,
with no success), I'd stay clear from Marvell products. After
all, it's their sales.
More information about the libertas-dev