PATCH: Config option to pad SDIO sizes

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 11:37:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 15:22 +0200, Johan Adolfsson wrote:
> Hi,
> Attached is a patch agains 2.6.25 that adds a CONFIG_LIBERTAS_SDIO_PAD_SIZE
> option to control padding of sdio packet sizes to work around buggy SDIO
> controllers - they are known to exist.. and not always possible to fix in
> the
> SDIO driver it seems.
>
> Perhaps the patch could be trimmed a little - any sane compiler would
> make it a noop if the PAD_SIZE is 0.

Pending a look from Pierre, but I think this would probably _also_ be
better as a module parameter rather than a CONFIG option.  Since the
addition is done anyway, there shouldn't be a real speed hit.  The
problem is that in the general world, we have no idea what hardware
you'll be running this on, and it's better to have one kernel that can
run on lots of hardware rather than having to flip config options and
recompile.  I don't think a module parameter would be an issue in
embedded-land either, right?

Pierre, is there a better way to fix the crappy SDIO host controller
thing, or is padding in libertas_sdio what we're stuck with?

Dan