Monitor Mode question

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Jul 28 02:40:30 EDT 2008

> I guess my question is, since the firmware response is a 2,
> then monitor mode is not possible? Should the rtap0 device even
> be created at that time?

Probably not.

I've not used monitor mode for ages. I fact, I'm not sure if I
used that at all. Probably less, because there was a time where
I argued that inventing a per-driver-API via sysfs is bogus,
because there is an already defined API usable via "iwconfig
eth1 monitor on/off" to turn monitor mode on + off. My
argumentation didn't fell on fertile grounds, but so be it ;-)

So maybe at that time I did monitor mode ..., not sure.