How to enable continous TX mode?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 09:19:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 13:45 +0200, Johan Adolfsson wrote:
> Anyone that have tried to use the Linux libertas stack to do
> regulatory testing that requires the radio to be in continous TX mode?

Not that I know of.

> In the MFG-* package from Marvell extranet there is special
> firmware and an application to set the firmware in different test modes.
> Anyone that have ported that to the Linux libertas stack?

No; though the firmware should probably load and run, but depending on
whether it implements the same commands as the normal firmware, the
driver might not be able to talk to it.

If there are special commands that the test firmware exposes then we
could potentially implement those, but depending on how the application
talks to the test firmware, it might not be wise to put testing
interfaces into the kernel since we'd have to support them going
forward.

> Anyone that have made a interface for the Linux SDIO stack
> or something SDHCI like for the Marvell driver that could be
> used for that purpose?

The in-kernel driver and the vendor driver are quite different and AFAIK
the vendor driver uses a proprietary SDIO stack, not the in-kernel one.

Dan