Questions on libertas driver

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Thu Jan 24 04:31:40 EST 2008

Hi Holger,

I followed your procedure :

$ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git

--> OK

$ cd wireless-2.6
$ git checkout -b everything origin/everything

--> git checkout: branch everything already exists

After that I get the libertas directory from the kernel source tree, and
I began to work on it to compile it with the kernel version of my
uclinux distribution.

First error about DECLARE_MAC_BUF :
Easy to correct, I edited the include/linux/if_ether.h of my 2.6.19
kernel to add the declaration, and net/ethernet/eth.c to add the
print_mac function.

Second error about the set_frezable function :
Easy to correct, I simply commented the line in main.c

Third (and last!) error, I don't know how to correct it :

/home/stagiaire/blackfin/marvell8385/libertas/ethtool.c:180: error:
unknown field 'get_sset_count' specified in initializer
/home/stagiaire/blackfin/marvell8385/libertas/ethtool.c:180: warning:
initialization from incompatible pointer type

I compared include/linux/ethtool.h (where the struct is declared)
between the new kernel and mine, and this field doesn't exist in my
kernel...
It is easy to modify that ?

Regards,
Cyril