Problems with GSPI

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Sun Dec 14 06:47:59 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm using the 88W8686 in GSPI mode, and I have created a if_gspi module
to be able to use the libertas driver instead of Marvell's original
driver. I tried ad-hoc mode first, and that seems to work fine, I'm
getting event interrupts when a link is lost or re-established. In
managed mode, I can establish a WEP connection using iwconfig, and I'm
getting an interrupt when the link to the AP is lost. I'm not getting
any further event interrupts when the link comes back or goes down
again, however. With wpa supplicant, everything works fine, but I'd
still like to know if it's normal that no events are received in managed
mode, except the first event when the link goes down. I'm using firmware
version gspi 9.70.3p37, but I have seen the same problem with older
firmware and the original Marvell driver as well. I'd like to know if
there's the same problem is there with SD and CF.

-Erwin