state of CF suspend / resume

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Apr 29 09:54:26 EDT 2008

Hi !

I'd like to implement suspend/resume for the compact flash
driver. From what I know so far, suspend/resume is intermingled
with Wake-on-LAN. lbs_suspend() in main.c contains this code
fragment:

        if (priv->wol_criteria == 0xffffffff) {
                lbs_pr_info("Suspend attempt without configuring"
                            "wake params!\n");
                return -EINVAL;
        }

I don't know why, it should be perfectly legal to do suspend
without Wake-on-LAN. Or shouldn't it?

CMD_802_11_HOST_SLEEP_ACTIVATE isn't documented in the firmware
manual.

When calling CMD_802_11_FW_WAKE_METHOD with CMD_ACT_SET to set
the firmware wakeup method, my 5.0.16p0 firmware won't accept
the CMD_WAKE_METHOD_COMMAND_INT parameter (error 2: not
implemented).

However, I can set CMD_WAKE_METHOD_COMMAND_INT, which is also
what CMD_ACT_GET retrieves when the CF card is freshly plugged
in.

Conclusion: I have to use some GPIO pin for this functionality.
Just which one?