MuRata WiFi Module with Marvell 88w8686

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 11:12:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 17:12 +0800, claud_yu wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Currently I use wi2wi W2SW0001, I send Murata module
> back. I still try to port the libertas driver to mx31.
> Wi2Wi provide a SD card development card on wi2wi
> website. I also try another 88w8686 driver from
> project moblin (http://www.moblin.org/). The driver
> should based on marvell SDIO driver. But the driver
> still have some problem while firmware download.

It would be useful to try the moblin driver just to see if it works, so
we can figure out why and fix the upstream driver if there's a problem
with it.

We spent a _lot_ of time getting the original 838x Marvell driver
suitable for upstream, and the moblin driver has none of that.  I also
spent a lot of time getting the upstream driver working correctly with
Wireless Extensions, while the moblin driver (last I knew) didn't have
any of that either...  I'm not quite sure why moblin decided to use the
vendor driver rather than improving the upstream one.

Dan