Scanning problem

prabhakar prabhakar at embeddedwireless.com
Mon Jun 25 14:35:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

> > There is a difference between the problem i am facing and the
> > problem mentioned in your mails.
>
> Then you should use a different subject and don't hijack a
> thread :-)

My problem is similar to the problem discussed in this mails but not exactly
same. anyway sorry for that.

> > In your case the scan request itself not going out
> > from the card, but in my case, probe request is going out from
> > card and probe responses are coming from different APs.
> > But host driver not getting anyt AP details.
>
> Does this happen ONLY for scan commands or for all commands?
> Does handle_cmd_response() get's called?  What data does it get?

I am getting the responses for all the commands(including scan command) send
from the host driver to firmware. only problem is, host driver is not getting
any AP details in scan response.always I am getting result code zero and AP
details zero in scan response.

Probe requests are going out from the card and probe responses are coming from
different APs(we observed the probe responses in wireshark air packets
capture). But host driver is not getting any AP details along with our Scan
Command Response. It seems the firmware itself not receiving the Probe

> Hint: you did not provide a single line of debug output ...

Pleae find the attached log files for debug output.
file PrinM.txt contains the debug log and HexDump.txt file contains command
request and response data.

> > I checked the log of firmware by sending
> > HostCmd_CMD_802_11_GET_LOG command to firmware, it shows rx
> > frames count is zeero and tx frames count is not zero.
>
> Maybe an IRQ setup problem.

The HostCmd_CMD_802_11_GET_LOG command gets the LOG of firmware to the host
driver. I did not understand this problem. can you please tell me how IRQ is
related for firmware not receiving state?

Currently I am using the polling mechanism to receive the response from the
frimware. I tried the interrupt based also,it is same behaviour.