Scanning problem for hidden SSIDs

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 13:58:45 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 16:33 +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > for the channel set, let it complete, schedule the next
> > channel set for 300 or 400ms in the future, and repeat until
> > all channel sets are done.
>
> I'm blind, where is this 300 or 400ms delay in the current code
> now?

It's not there explicitly.  What happens now is that the rest of the
scan is triggered from the WEXT SIOCGIWSCAN handler.  So right now this
delay is entirely up to when userspace applications and when they call
the GIWSCAN handler.

What I'm saying is that the delay _should_ be an explicit number, and
explicitly coded in the driver, and I picked a number randomly.  It's
not there now.

Dan