Fwd: drivers/net/wireless/libertas/rx.c: use-after-free

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Jul 4 02:51:05 EDT 2007

> Hi Holger,
>
> That line sneaked somehow with the patch - it was part of the
> original driver.

I think John W. Linville already committed my patch that removes
the line completely. It's in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git,
branch libertas-fixes

> process_rxed_802_11_packet is never called at the moment

I also noticed yesterday that process_rxed_802_11_packet() is
never called, because no-one sets adapter->linkmode. So I posted
a patch to libertas-dev and linux-wireless-dev to remove this
variable as well as the code around it. I also found out lot's
of other variables that weren't really used, and posted
remove-XYZ patches. Please comment on which you want to stay
because you/we plan to build an actual interface around them.

> but we might want to support monitor mode properly (there is a
> firmware comming out with it soon), and setting ETH_P_80211_RAW
> seems required for that.

When is "is coming out soon" ???  If it's really soon, we
shouldn't maybe commit my remove adapter->linkmode patch :-)