rtap mode.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Dec 9 23:11:50 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 22:20 -0500, Michail Bletsas wrote:
> The rtap interface wasn't supposed to do anything else but sniff...

That's fair enough (well, almost. Actually it would be useful to be able
to inject packets).

However, I cannot use the _normal_ interfaces (eth0, msh0) while the
rtap interface exists. The transmit and receive paths are both broken --
and if I attempt to fix them, I think I crash the firmware. It doesn't
seem to like me attempting to transmit while it's in rtap mode, and
certainly doesn't seem to manage to scan or associate.

It would be nice to get that working -- although it isn't a high
priority right now. But if we _can't_ get it working, then I return to
my previous question: what's wrong with 'iwconfig eth1 mode monitor'?

--
dwmw2