what does CMD_SET_BOOT2_VER ?

Javier Cardona javier at cozybit.com
Thu Dec 6 11:50:00 EST 2007

Dan,

On 12/6/07, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> This patch came in during all the
> wireless suspend/resume stuff, not sure what the overall importance of
> the patch really is any more though given that it wasn't the real
> problem.

My recollection is that on resume there is a partial enumeration.  If
all the USB enumeration parameters match (including the boot2 version,
in bcdDevice) it is assumed that the enumerated device was supended
and state will be restored.  If there is a mismatch, the device will
be reset and fully enumerated.
That's based on conversations with Marcelo.  I have not check that the
usb host controller still does this.

Javier

--
Javier Cardona